Company: Zahav Productions
Tape Name: The System Vol. 1 & 2
Tape Cost: $59.99
Length of Tape/Time: 2 DVDS
Number of Moves/Techniques: Numerous
Return Policy: ?
Experiences in dealing with this company: Great
The Instructor: Amir Perets
Company's Address: Zahav Productions, 9368 Sierra Mar Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90069
Company's Phone Number: 1-877-288-2258
Web Page: http://www.amirperets.com
Primary Grading Criteria:
1. Production Quality: 8
2. Instructors demonstrated skill level: 10
3. Comprehension Score/Immediate Understanding: 10
4. Degree to which this will make someone a better Martial Artist: 8
5. Score on Delivery Vs Hype: 8
6. Degree to which you would recommend this product: 5
7. Wasted time (The Higher the number, the less “Fluff “/repetition):7
8. Playback score/watching it over and over again: 3
9. Would I purchase more of this company’s products: 1
10. Overall grade based on cost VS value 8
Grand Total: 68% (Good = 3.0 Stars)
Secondary Grading Criteria:
1. Beginners benefit: Good
2. Intermediate benefit: Good
3. Advanced benefit: Okay
4. Time to benefit: Immediate
5. The need to buy additional tapes to understand this one: None
This is a strange DVD. It is one part fitness video and one part self-defense using Krav Maga. The other part is a video headshot of Amir Perets the instructor. It’s by far the most different of the instructional DVDs that I have reviewed. The conditioning exercises are done outside like that show on cable, Bodies in Motion with Mr. Perets wearing a tank top along with some guys and girls dressed the same doing what looks like a fitness video. Then we get back into the self-defense which is essentially Krav Maga. I was kind of bored with these DVDs, and in all honesty I can’t really recommend them. I will on the other hand wish Mr. Perets all the best in his pursuit of his action movie career. These DVDs seem more like an extended film to promote him, enough said.
Rick Weisbrot (Reviewer) - With 30 plus years of martial arts training, Rick currently trains students one-on-one in Manhattan, focusing on combative principles that anyone can apply.
Click here to go to reviews 401-500
1997-2016 Martial Arts Video Reviews. All Rights Reserved.