Company: Spartan Martial Arts
Tape Name: Streetwise
Tape Cost: $19.95
of Tape/Time: 17 minutes
Number of Moves/Techniques: 18
Return Policy: ?
in dealing with this company: Excellent
The Instructor: Mark Zuganelis
Address: P.O. Box 444, Oak Lawn, IL., 60454
Company's Phone Number: 312-409-7623
Primary Grading Criteria:
2. Instructors demonstrated skill level: 9
3. Comprehension Score/Immediate
4. Degree to which this will make someone a better Martial Artist:
5. Score on delivery vs hype: 9
6. Degree to which we would recommend this
7. Wasted Time ( The higher the number, the less " fluff"
/repetition ): 10
8. Playback Score/Watching if over-and-over again: 9
I purchase more of this company's products: 9
10. Overall grade based on cost
vs. Value: 9
Grand Total: 91 %
Secondary Grading Criteria:
2. Intermediate benefit: Good
3. Advanced benefit: Good
Time to benefit: Immediate for most
5. The need to buy additional tapes to understand
this one: None
This short, but well
produced, 17 minute video, shows 18 self defense techniques. In my opinion, most
of these techniques should already be known by most intermediate and advanced martial
arts students. The viewer is shown how to deal with grabs such as: single wrist,
double wrist, lapel, hair, bear hug from behind, shoulder grab from behind, etc.
Based on the assumption that most intermediate and advanced students should already
have been exposed to most of these, I felt this tape would be best suited for beginners.
In fact it would probably be an ideal tape for most to have in their personal collection.
Mr. Zuganelis wastes no time in this video. He shows each technique just
once, and then moves on to the next one. WAY TO GO! I personally found this to
be quite refreshing, making the viewing and grading of this tape an enjoyable experience.
Maybe it's just me, but after 100+ tapes, it's nice to run into an instructional
tape, and instructor, every now and then, that realizes we all have rewind buttons.